First Presbyterian has a series of services each year that are exciting additions to our weekly Worship Services.
- Baptism of the Lord Sunday is when we each are reminded of our baptism as we come forward, receive water from the baptismal fount and receive a small glass token of remembrance that we are the beloved
- Ash Wednesday in the chapel is a great tradition and moment of quiet reflection.
- On Palm Sunday we sing "The Palms" by Faure, give out palm fronds and make crosses.
- Maundy Thursday culminates in the "stripping of the church" to prepare for the resurrection of Easter.
- Easter Sunday features a cross made of tulip plants, and is a joyous festive celebration of the resurrection of Jesus.
- Music Sunday annually is when we highlight our talented church musicians and let the music be the message.
- Kirkin' o the Tartan is a lot of fun. We have a bag piper who leads a processional down Washington Street and then compliments the Sunday service with great sounds and presence of our Reformed heritage. We also commemorate those members who have entered the gates of heaven.
- Christmas Eve is a candle light service filled with beauty beginning at 7:30pm. We light candles to remember our loved ones.