AN OVERVIEW OF THE CHURCH AND ITS COUNCILS
The work of the church is accomplished through its councils. Church officers lead the councils, but all interested persons in the church may serve.
ELDERS are chosen by the people. Together with the ministers of the Word and Sacrament, they exercise leadership, government, and discipline and have responsibilities for the life of the church, including ecumenical relationships. Clerk of Session: Patricia "Bunny" Gorman
DEACONS minister to those who are in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress both within and beyond the community of faith. Moderators: Gillian Hayes and Becky Brown
Councils chaired by the elders are the following:
- Christian Education Council: Responsible for spiritual growth and renewal through Bible based learning and discussion for all ages. Chair: John Tinsley
- Facilities Council: Responsible for maintenance of buildings and grounds. Chair: Laura Little
- Finance Council: Responsible for church finances including endowment. Treasurer: Merle Tousant
- Membership Council: Responsible for providing fellowship to newcomers and understanding of the covenant church life to our members. Chair: Deanne Scanlon
- Nominating Council: Responsible for nominating church officers. Chair: Bob Gorman
- Mission Council: Co-ordinates church mission trips for youth and adults. Chair: Donna Dunkle
- Outreach Council: Responsible for allocating endowment funds locally, nationally and globally; and interpreting the mission of the church to the congregation. Chair: Pat Phillips
- Personnel Council: Responsible for providing support and evaluation for the church staff and for hiring of support staff. Chair: Russ McCullough
- Stewardship Council: Responsible for the Stewardship Campaign and One Great Hour of Sharing and Christmas Joy special offerings. Chair:Don Klug
- Worship and Music Council: Responsible for overseeing and supporting the worship and music programs, including bell choirs, adult and youth choirs, weddings and funerals. Chair: David Elmer
Councils chaired by deacons are the following:
- Care Council: Responsible for maintaining contact with shut-ins.
- Fellowship Council: Responsible for Sunday fellowship time, church picnic and pot luck suppers.