Small group options
- On Sundays the 8:45am adult Sunday school class will be studying the book of Acts. Pastor Casey will facilitate the discussion.
- The Men's Prayer breakfast "Two-Buck Chuck" meets at 7:30am on Mondays in Fellowship Hall. Chef Fred will once again prepare the food. The group will meet on most non-holiday Mondays.
- Tai Chi is offered at 11:30am on Thursdays in Fellowship Hall and Wednesdays at 5:30pm. The Tuesday class has been suspended for now.
- The Wednesday morning Bible study led by Rev. Gail Parsons will resume in February. They will be starting a new study "Women of the Bible". Each class begins with a period of intercessory prayer. All are welcome and bring a friend!
- The Presbyterian Women meet for lunch on the first Thursday in Fellowship Hall. They also meet on the third Thursday for breakfast at 8am at the Ramada Inn on Arsenal Street.
- The youth group meets on Sundays at 6:30pm. They will meet at Pastor Casey's home for the Super Bowl.
- During his sermon on September 10, Rev. Garry referenced a podcast that outlines the impact of the opioid addiction epidemic on Jefferson County. You can listen here.
Check out our pastors' weekly podcast at https://mixcloud.com/FPCWatertown
The Ash Wednesday service will be held on Wednesday, February 14 at 7:30pm in the chapel. Please join us for this intimate service to begin your Lenten journey to Easter.
We all start on the outside
The outside looking in
This is where grace begins
We were hungry, we were thirsty
With nothing left to give
Oh the shape that we were in
Just when all hope seemed lost
Love opened the door for us
He said come to the table
Come join the sinners who have been redeemed
Take your place beside the Savior
Sit down and be set free
Come to the table
-- Sidewalk Prophets "Come to the Table" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP940GV5Pas
Mark your calendars for Game Night on Friday February 16! Bring your favorite game, starting at 6pm. Pizza and salad will be served.
An American Red Cross Blood Drive will be held in Fellowship Hall on Saturday, February 17 from 8:30 am - 12:30pm. Please consider donating the gift of life. Schedule an appointment at www.redcrossblood.org or walk ins are welcome.
Support the Women of Grace Widows' Fund by sending a Valentine! With your donation, a card will be sent to your loved one notifying them that a gift has been made in their honor. Better than chocolate and longer lasting than flowers, your gift will change lives of widows and children in Malawi, Africa. Gifts made by February 7th will be assured delivery by Valentine's Day. Send your checks to Canton First Presbyterian Church, 17 Park Street, Canton NY 13617, and let them know the names to appear on the card. The Widows' Fund is a joint mission project of the Canton and Watertown Presbyterian churches and is dedicated to alleviating expreme poverty faced by widows in Northern Malawi. Learn more at www.womenofgracewidowsfund.org
Please continue to support the Watertown Urban Mission Food Pantry with donations of high demand items: peanut butter, jam, snack pack pudding, non-frozen juice concentrates, canned tuna and meats, spaghetti sauce, pasta, cereal and canned lunch foods (spaghettios, ravioli, beef 'n mac) that children can prepare themselves. Can openers and condiments are also appreciated. Personal care items cannot be purchased by the Mission with grant funds, so consider donating toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, toilet tissue, Kleenex, laundry and dish soaps, razors, etc. as well.
Give today to help Presbyterian Disaster Assistance bring hope and healing to Texas families impacted by Hurricane Harvey. You can mail checks to: Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) P.O Box 643700, Pittsburgh, PA 15264-3700 and designate it for DR000169-Harvey. You can support the efforts in the Caribbean and Florida for Hurricane Irma by using DR000194-Irma and sending your donation to the same address. Please join us in praying for courage for those who are suffering; wisdom and diligence among agencies and individuals assessing damage and directing relief efforts; and for generosity to flow as powerfully as rivers and streams; as we respond to the deep human needs left in the wake of the storm. Visit Presbyterian Disaster Response website to see stories of hope in the wake of devastation.
Handbell choir rehearsals meet on the following schedule. Contact Jenny Whitenack if you are interested.
- Adult handbells begin on Thursday, September 21st at 6:15pm in the sanctuary balcony
- Elementary handchimes for students in grades 2-6, rehearsals begin on Sunday September 24 at 9:30am
- Junior / Senior handbells for students in grades 7-12 will rehearse at 11:15am on Sundays beginning on September 24
- The student groups rehearse on the second floor of the Christian education building
Our dollar dinners will resume in 2018. The dates are:
- January 21
- February 11
- March 11
The Orchestra of Northern New York will host concerts at First Presybterian in our sanctuary on the following dates:
- Sunday Dec 17, 3pm - Winter Wonderland
- Sunday Apr 29, 3pm - Stravinsky and Mendelssohn
Tickets are $23 for adults, $19 for seniors and military, $10 for college students, 17 and under free. They are sold at the door (credit cards accepted) or at the orchestra website onny.org. The Watertown series also includes "The Mastery of Bach" held at Trinity Episcopal Church on Saturday, January 27th at 7:30pm and the annual concert in the park on Tuesday, July 3 at 8pm (free).